Looking to go on a road trip with the family this summer? Today we will discuss how to save money and being energy efficient while on the road. The AC in your car is the number one source to reducing your fuel economy during your trip, so you want to make sure you are using it properly.
- Drive with the windows down for a bit to let the hold air out before turning on the AC.
- Park in the shade when you can.
- When you turn on the car, do not immediately turn on the AC system until the car is actually moving. The AC does not need to idle, the AC cools faster while driving.
- Read the owner’s manual of your car.
- Set the AC to a comfortable temperature.
- Do not use the AC more than needed.
- Using cruise control on the highway saves gas.
Drive with the windows down, when you can. This saves gas, and when you’re driving through the open countryside, then enjoy the fresh air.
Aggressive driving (driving and accelerating at high speeds, rough braking) is not energy efficient. Driving the speed limit saves gas and money. Using these tips can help you become a more energy efficient driver on your next family vacation.